For a nervous Bride, there is nothing more terrifying than to wake up on your big day only to discover a glaring blemish on your forehead. Or, that you didn’t manage to shed those last few pounds as planned and now find yourself panicking about having to squeeze into that wedding gown, which was made one dress size smaller (and with no extra room to let out!).
Our planners here at The Wedding Company have all heard of these horror stories and know how important a healthy diet, exercise regimen and beauty upkeep play into giving you that beautiful “glow” on the day. Here are several tips to follow to get that healthy physique and gorgeous skin, plus some of our favourite treatments and products!
1. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, excess salt and sugar. Always — and we can never say this enough — drink plenty of water! Also, why drinking water may help you lose weight, as chimed by CNN’s Dr. Gupta.
2. Get a full 8-hour sleep every night and be sure to get to bed before midnight. The best of eye creams out there won’t do a better job of erasing under-eye bags than catching up on your z’s will!
3. Drink fennel tea. Fennel not only helps boost your metabolism and aids in weight loss, but also offers a myriad of other health benefits. Try making yourself some Iced Pomegranate-Fennel Green Tea and sweeten it with a bit of honey. It’s healthy & refreshing!
4. A glass of warm water mixed with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar taken first thing in the morning. This folk remedy that has long been used is believed to help cleanse your digestive system and aid in weight loss.
5. Avoid erratic eating habits: Skipping a meal after a big, hearty one won’t do you any good, as your metabolism slows down to compensate for the lack of nutrients. Slowly cut back and always eat any food in moderation. Or, opt for 5-6 smaller meals a day to keep your metabolism up. Maintain a balanced diet of healthy foods, with lots of fruits and vegetables.
6. Exercise daily and in the mornings. This will help raise your metabolism throughout the day!
8. Get a facial (and other beauty treatments) every month or two leading up to your wedding. Just don’t suddenly try anything new in the weeks before the big day! Experience the signature Triple Oxygen Treatment from Bliss at the W Hong Kong for an instant healthy glow, or the 105-min Steep Clean (whose name doesn’t quite do it justice!) which promises to keep fine lines and breakouts at bay. Bliss also carries the amazing advanced skin care line by SkinCeuticals, which we highly recommend.
10. Lastly… A winning smile ensures that no one will notice anything else!
by Roanne | Image from Bliss